- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 4 slices bacon, small dice
- 2 1/2 lbs. boneless beef chuck, cut into 2" cubes
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 yellow onions, large dice
- 2 large carrots, peeled & large dice
- 2 stalk celery, large dice
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 parsnips, peeled & large dice
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled & large dice
- 1 can dark stout beer
- 4 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 4 tbsp iSpice WellnessTM Meat Sauce Seasoning*
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
Step 1: Heat canola oil in a large pot and saut't bacon until crisp. Remove bacon pieces with a slotted spoon and reserve. Keep pot with fat hot on the stove.
Step 2: Toss beef cubes with all-purpose flour until completely covered. Brown beef in hot fat on all sides. Remove browned beef from pot and reserve.
Step 3: Sweat carrots, onions and celery in hot pot until onion is translucent and just starting to brown.
Step 4: Stir in tomato paste and cook for 5 minutes, stirring and scraping bottom of pot frequently.
Step 5: Stir in remaining vegetables followed by dark beer. Reduce liquid by half.
Step 6: Pour in beef broth and iSpice WellnessTM Meat Sauce Seasoning.* Bring to the boil, cover pot and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 3 hours, stirring occasionally until vegetables are fork tender and beef cubes are easily cut with a fork.
Step 7: Serve sprinkled with crispy bacon and fresh chopped parsley.