Here's a recipe to make your own taco seasoning at home:
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
In a small bowl, whisk together all of the spices until well combined.
Use immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
To use the taco seasoning:
- Brown 1 pound of ground beef in a skillet over medium heat.
- Drain any excess fat and add 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning and 1/4 cup of water to the skillet.
- Stir until the seasoning is evenly distributed and the meat is coated.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes, or until the water has evaporated and the meat is fully cooked.
- Use the seasoned beef to fill tacos, burritos, or serve over rice for a delicious and easy meal.