Making your own cayenne red pepper hot sauce at home is a great way to customize the flavor and spice level to your liking. Here's a basic recipe to get you started:
- 1 cup cayenne red peppers, stemmed and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt to taste
- In a small saucepan, combine the chopped cayenne red peppers, minced garlic, white vinegar, and water.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes until the peppers are soft.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let the mixture cool for a few minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add the honey and salt to taste, and blend again to incorporate.
- Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve to remove any solids.
- Transfer the hot sauce to a clean jar or bottle and store in the refrigerator for up to a month.
Note: This recipe is a basic starting point, and you can customize it to your liking by adding other ingredients like onion, tomato, or fruit for sweetness. You can also adjust the spice level by using more or fewer cayenne red peppers, or by adding other types of chili peppers.